Saturday, September 5, 2009

natural renditions of a craving


Strawberry crepes, I can't get you out of my mind. I had a taste, and I can't think of anything else. Lightly sweet and slightly crisp: the chunks of strawberries with powdered sugar were unlike anything I've ever placed in my mouth. Its special simplicity rendered a wondering amazement throughout my tastebuds. More--I craved for more, and so I tried to make another batter... all I wanted was just a little more, just one more taste? So I mixed in lingering excitement for them, but it didn't turn out right. Did I do something wrong? Was there too little milk? No, the consistency was fine...Did I add too much sugar? Maybe that was it. That box of frozen Eggos on the counter beckons my settlement of kitchen concoctions. I glare in that direction and ignore its petty attempts to persuade me otherwise.

Because I know that perfect batch is right around the corner.

I just know it.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhh, food erotica at its finest. we're making crepes soon please!

    ReplyDelete