Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dear 2009,

You've been quite interesting this year, throwing an equal amount of bad things as good things, leaving me somewhat blindsided. But in retrospect, you brought me some of the best things that will hopefully stay with me for a long long time: Friendship.

A lot of people see Friendship as that less hyped-up, more stable, uglier sibling in the family next to its sister, Love...but you really shined your light on it this year, and you showed me how underrated and truly amazing it is.

Okay, I'll stop with greeting-card like messages and cut to the point:

2009, you have taught me the feeling to have loved and lost; how to cry my eyes out for people who aren't worth it and to stay strong for people who are; how to run out of breath whilst laughing; that sometimes I need to just live a little bit more and think a little bit less; to let go and heal; that there will be times where all my efforts go to waste; that I'm not as bulletproof as I thought; that there's still room for change; and most importantly, to love wholly and unconditionally, without reason or regret.

And with all of this, I'll be heading into the next decade with some of the finest people I've met yet. But don't you worry, I could never forget you; and with that...


I'll be seeing you,

Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment