Saturday, January 16, 2010

falling behind

I've always had a fear of falling behind; I've always liked to think that we all move together with those that we want to the most. The first lesson of 2010 was swift and clear: this surely is not the case. Instead, we all move at different paces, just like everyone has long said. Everyone I love is moving forward, and I've never been so proud or fortunate to be a part of someone's life like I am right now (multiplied by ten). Emotionally, mentally... all of you are simply amazing.

And I've fallen behind. Emotionally, mentally... everything's been put on a hold all because I've wasted all my time, energy and heart trying to forget something that just isn't worth it. I woke up this morning, thought about how amazing each and one of you are and it's making me realize my mistakes. And I guess this is a weird way of saying that I admire all of you; I aspire to be like you.

"Tell me what company thou keepst, and I'll tell thee what thou art."

I hope you guys run across this one day, and know that I'm damn lucky. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment