Thursday, April 21, 2011

GOOD FOR YOU, GIRL.

i've been freaking out about post-grad life: the uncertainties, the joblessness, the future, the big question mark that still looms over my career....all really good reasons to freak out about, might i add. it seems like it's only down to days that i, along with many others in my graduating class, will be facing reality.

it hasn't been easy trying to cushion myself for the fall that comes after college. finding a job with my lonely college degree doesn't seem to quite cut it for a lot of companies. this and various other factors (i.e. envy of other peoples' cushions) has brought me in flurry, and no, i'm not talking about the delicious swirly ice cream treat from mcdonald's.

all my focus had been drawn to the worries and the scary things after college, but i didn't even see what i had in front of me. it took a girl that i don't even know that well to simply remind me that i had something to be proud of.

i said i'm graduating as a double major, and she said, "GOOD FOR YOU, GIRL."

and you know what? she's right! good for me. I'M GRADUATING.

No comments:

Post a Comment