Monday, August 16, 2010

unexpected

I think it's safe to say that it has been a long time comin'. As I stand here, I am a whole young woman: freshly painted with a coat of shimmery pink and shiny red--like a giant walking, breathing valentine's day card. The lacquer has been brought upon by the most careful and patient painter. But there's something beneath the eye. Underneath this layer lies a cracked surface. The paint was too stubborn come off completely, and while pieces may have chipped away, the lines are still there. The new drops of paint have been slowly seeping into these cracks, crevices, and Grand Canyons of me-and I had no idea.

Or maybe I did know, and denial got the best of me. But it's time to face the unexpected truth. They are there. They exist. Now the only way to solve this is to go back with a mask and an electric sander. It'll be a whole lotta ugly before it gets pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment