Monday, May 11, 2009

love inside a cereal box.

Ahh cereal--Every time I approach the cereal bar I know what I'm looking for-I know what I'm expecting and what I want out of my cereal. Coco Puffs, you make me jubilant as I twist that dial and there you are... There the moment I want you, the moment I need you. Are you aware of the way you make me feel? The sound of you falling against the plastic tinkles like bells in my ears, and my heart gleefully skips a beat. My thoughts flutter your way whenever the occasion calls, and my heart, it runs-no, it sprints towards you. But you weren't there last week. Where did you go that day when I needed you most? The others were there: Pops, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Apple Jacks, Cinnamon Toast whatnots... I decided to go with the Cinnamon; have I ever told you that I used to love the Cinnamon Toast Crunch? It doesn't really matter anyway, because it wasn't the same. It fell listlessly into my yellow bowl, clanging. But do you know what the worst part is? My heart kept running, blind and aimlessly into the dark searching for you, Coco Puffs.

1 comment: