Monday, May 4, 2009

emotional kitchen concoctions.

I've been craving strawberry crepes for the longest time, but every time I even come close to making them something always gets in the way. Why, strawberry crepes? I get excited to make you, then I realize that something is missing--something so vital, how could I have forgotten? I've done this before, this... this should feel second nature to me, but why has it become so difficult to even get started? Is it just not the right time? Am I not ready for this? I've gone on to other things in the meantime: waffles, pancakes and french toast, even. But none of them have come close to what I have been expecting from something like you, crepes. I feel like every step I take, you take two back. Perhaps, I just have to settle for something else. Is this what I've been left to? But no, I won't settle. I'll wait for the perfect moment, and then you'll be mine.

and yes, this is my second blog inspired by food. you have my permission to call me a fatty. :)

3 comments:

  1. You are awake at 7:31 AM writing love letters to crepes.
    And that is why I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got all excited because i thougth the crepes thing was an extended metaphor for something much more meaningful about life.

    ... guess not

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL David!

    I could go for some crepes right now...

    ReplyDelete