Saturday, May 30, 2009

please stop.

Say it once: That's enough, I swear to you. I'm not a child, I'm not deaf, I'm not dumb, either. I'm fully capable of making my own decisions. To tell you the truth, I don't think I respect the fact that you're trying to make your word count to me now. You don't deserve it. Where were you when I needed it- when I actually wanted your opinion? Please don't stand there and ask me questions like you care, and then walk away with no alternative plans for me. You lure out my dreams, you highlight them, and then you break them apart. So you don't want me to go to law school. What now, then? So you don't want me to go to England. What now, then? What should I do? How should I live? Who should I be?

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you not have suggestions ready? Perhaps next time, you should come prepared. Because I'll always have a rebuttal. Until then, please just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment