Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ode to an Egg

I think I fell in love with you and I didn't even notice. I was too busy thinking about other things when we first met. I was thinking of things.. to do to you, and I fell in love that night you were boiled. That smooth porcelain skin of yours broke apart as I tried to reach the center, yearning. As I tried to get closer, the broken fragments of porcelain scarred me, and I almost gave up. But I didn't want to leave it halfway, even if it was painful and I continued to dig past that veneer and destroyed it, looking up to see you at your best. I bit into the intoxicating smell, the softness of your state and reached your heart of gold. Now, I'll never be able to turn away from it even if I tried.

1 comment:

  1. This grants the egg the ability to rival the onion in layers and complexity.

    I'll never see, or touch, an egg without thinking of its "porcelain" exterior again.

    I want one now...

    ReplyDelete