Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Renaissance

When things are just this great, there really is only one thing to do: write. Can I be honest? I have no idea how we all ended up together as we are... English 28B was just another class, right? But I'm not going to question it because it feels good-I loved English 28B, and crazy as it sounds my mind still wanders back to the somewhat academically fruitless classes. I'm just going to say it: I'm amazed that we actually kept in contact with each other. Seriously though, in any other normal circumstances, this would have never happened-not in a million years. College is like NYC: you've got networks of different sizes, types and people that often cross-over through class or the past; people don't ever say hi or smile (unless they know you); small-talk= get-the-fuck-away-from-me; and "let's get together some time"= hahahaha riiight, more like, "let's get together that one time for obligatory purposes and then that's enough." Because face it: when there are so many networks already, what's the use in keeping in contact with this one person who isn't in any of the one's that you're already a part of? We're all so busy with our lives that we forget that people are individuals: like each person is actually a person aside from whatever network they're a part of.

But this... this is something quite amazing and unprecedented in my books. I feel like my heart has swollen to the point where it's pushing my feelings out through my mouth to let you guys know that you are amazing, astounding, fantastic, marvelous, wonderful--i've run out of synonyms because you guys that are cool--awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I second Diane's notion.

    "somewhat academically fruitless" LOL

    Actually, to tell you the truth, I think I learned more in that class than I have in any other class I've ever taken in my academic career. It's true, what I learned might not have come from the assigned books, but it did come from that class.

    You guys pretty much turned my life around.

    ReplyDelete